Window tinting is an excellent way to improve your vehicle’s appearance, reduce glare and heat, and provide privacy. However, when it comes to window tinting, you have two options: DIY or professional installation. While we always recommend leaving it to a professional, we will explore the pros and cons of each to help you decide which option is right for you.
DIY Window Tinting:
- Cost – DIY window tinting is significantly cheaper than professional installation. If you are on a tight budget, DIY may be the way to go.
- Convenience – With DIY, you can tint your windows at your own pace and on your schedule. You don’t have to worry about scheduling an appointment or waiting for your vehicle to be finished.
- Control – With DIY, you have complete control over the process. You can choose the type of tint you want, the level of darkness, and the design.
- Skill level – Window tinting requires a certain level of skill to do correctly. If you have never tinted windows before, you may struggle to get it right.
- Equipment – To tint windows, you need specific tools and equipment. If you don’t have these tools, you will need to invest in them, which can be costly.
- Quality – DIY window tinting often leads to lower quality results. If you want your windows to look professional, you may need to invest in professional installation.
Professional Window Tinting:
- Quality – Professional window tinting leads to higher quality results. Professional installers have the experience and equipment necessary to provide flawless results.
- Warranty – Most professional window tinting comes with a warranty. This warranty covers any defects or issues that may arise with the tint.
- Time – Professional window tinting is often quicker than DIY. You can drop off your vehicle, and the installer will take care of the rest.
- Cost – Professional window tinting is significantly more expensive than DIY. If you are on a tight budget, professional installation may not be an option.
- Limited control – With professional installation, you have limited control over the process. You can choose the type of tint you want, but you may not have as much control over the level of darkness or the design.
- Schedule – Professional installation requires an appointment, which can be inconvenient if you have a busy schedule.
In the end, both DIY and professional window tinting have their pros and cons. DIY is cheaper and more convenient, but it requires a certain level of skill and can lead to lower quality results. Professional installation is more expensive, but it leads to higher quality results and comes with a warranty. At Nice Tintz, we have over 25 years of combined experience and provide our customers with high quality, long lasting window tints, each and every time. If you want the best possible results, we highly recommend choosing professional installation – and if you are located near or in the Memphis area, Nice Tintz is your place! Please feel free to reach out with any questions, or if you are ready to get started today!